Prerolling and The Segment event getting delayed after the Seek event

DeepakRohan deepak027rohan077 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 05:28:28 UTC 2016

Hi,

      I am using gstreamer 1.2.4 and please mention that the below questions
are all pertaining to streaming through souphttpsrc

      I have few doubts regarding when does the pipeline gets pre-rolled.
1. Is it when we receive the first chain function or the New segment event
before chain function
2. Or when we send the new segment event to all the source pads and also
that atleast one data has been pushed on all linked source pads.

Also,
a)    What i am doing in my plugin is that I initially buffer for 60MB. My
target file to be played is an MP4 file through souphttpsrc which is movie
of 1 hour and 40 minute in duration. After I have buffered anything >= 60MB
in my chain function, only then I proceed further for moov atom and mdat
parsing. The issue I see is right from the beginning of the playback there
are a lot of audio-video drops. The issue is still seen even if I make the
buffering to 20MB. Here after I have parsed the moov header only then I send
the new segment event to all the source pads.
Please enlighten me why I get the above behavior

b)    Also I have seen that whenever I do a seek to position to any required
offset or an application seek to duration, sometimes the segment event comes
after few seconds (as far as I see 3 to 8 seconds) after seeking.
Can anyone explain me the why the above behavior occurs and how to possibly
resolve that.

Thank you in Advance.