Problem with adding language descriptor in mpegts

mguinzbourg mguinzbourg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 20:02:22 UTC 2016

Hi,
I'm trying to pass audio stream language code from the source mpegts  to
output mpegts stream. The language code is lost while
demuxing-transcoding-muxing process. I traced the problem in the code to the
following: in the tsmuxstream.c, line 745, method void
tsmux_stream_get_es_descrs  (TsMuxStream * stream, GstMpegtsPMTStream *
pmt_stream) (which suppose to write descriptor to the pmt table) the
language code is simply ignored for audio type ac3 and for other audio types
the descriptor not even created. Can anybody look at this problem or what's
involved in fixing this part. This is critical for my project to have audio
descriptors with the language code. Thanks! Below is the link to the source
file in the repository:
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/tree/gst/mpegtsmux/tsmux/tsmuxstream.c?h=1.6