gst-launch-1.0 rtpbin problem

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Mar 16 08:11:51 UTC 2016

On Mo, 2016-03-14 at 08:37 -0700, killerrats wrote:
> I setup a pipeline to receive audio and video but seems to stop at the rtpbin
> receive it doesn't continue. It shows the caps that i entered but seems like
> it doesn't find the or what. If i remove the rtpbin it will receive but i
> need to have the audio and video to be in the one file. Anyone have an
> answer?

You mean that if you omit the rtpbin and directly link the udpsrc and
depayloader everything works for you? And with rtpbin, it never ever
provides a buffer to the depayloader?

Check if putting rtpjitterbuffer between udpsrc and depayloader still
works then, and if not provide a debug log with GST_DEBUG=3,*rtp*:6 .
Otherwise you'll have to check in the same log where exactly in rtpbin
it stops processing and why.

Note that you don't *have* to use rtpbin to have it all in one
pipeline, or one file for that matter. Except for the rtpjitterbuffer
(which you really should use), rtpbin has no further advantage in your
case here as your pipeline does not use RTCP or anything else that
rtpbin would be helpful for.