How to prevent latency from changing?

kmesbah kareem.mes at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 15:01:12 UTC 2016

I'm new to GStreamer. I'm trying to stream from an IP camera using an rtsp
URI. I have been using the  5th Android tutorial
<https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~slomo/gst-sdk-tutorials/tree/gst-sdk/tutorials/android-tutorial-5>
as a base for my code. the problem is that there were 2 seconds latency.
after searching around, I managed to reduce it by replacing

data->pipeline = gst_parse_launch("playbin", &error);

with

data->pipeline = gst_parse_launch("playbin
uridecodebin0::source::latency=250", &error);

the problem now is whenever the activity that has the surface view gets
paused then resumed, the latency gets reset back to 2 seconds. any idea how
I can prevent this from happening? I'm using GStreamer 1.7.91.

thanks!