Prebuild for windows

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Mar 17 18:49:11 UTC 2016

On Do, 2016-03-17 at 19:24 +0100, Zack Snyder wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> You are offering for windows following prebuilds.
> i.e.:
> gstreamer-1.0-devel-x86-1.6.3.msi
> gstreamer-1.0-x86-1.6.3.msi
>
> Can you please tell me in which compiler configuration they are
> build?
> e.g. Are this release builds with debug information?

mingw with gcc 4.7.3. The binaries contain debug symbols but are
compiled with optimizations.

They're generated with our cerbero tool:
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/cerbero/

> "gstreamer-1.0-devel-x86-1.6.3.msi" contains not DLLs and static
> libraries, why are the static libs for development?

They're expected to be installed both. The -devel installer only
contains additional files that you need for development. Headers, etc.