Dynamically record a h264 stream

Davide Tuccilli tuccio89 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 18 13:01:58 UTC 2016

> That's indeed a good question. Does it work better if you put the
> h264parse in front of the tee? What stream-format and alignment is
> output by h264parse?
If I put it in front it does the same, if I put it in front and remove
the h264parse before the muxer the linking fails (not sure if this is to
be expected, I can remove it on the other branch, before the decoder,
once I put one before the tee).

This is the caps: video/x-h264, stream-format=(string)byte-stream,
alignment=(string)au, width=(int)720, height=(int)576,
framerate=(fraction)25/1, parsed=(boolean)true, profile=(string)high,
level=(string)3

The parsed=true is because it's taken with the h264parse before the tee.
> You will also need to ensure that (ideally) the recorded stream starts
> with a keyframe and SPS/PPS.
How would I do that? Another thing that I didn't say is that I can
record the stream just fine without the tee (but I can't watch it of
course).