GL Video Scaling

Samuel Hurst samuelh at rd.bbc.co.uk
Fri Mar 18 14:07:31 UTC 2016

On 18/03/2016 09:10, Pawel Labus wrote:
> Hi,
> instead of directly linking:
> ... omxh264dec ! glcolorscale ...
>
> try:
> ... omxh264dec ! glupload ! glcolorconvert ! glcolorscale ! "video ..

Thanks very much, that solved my problem!

> From what I understand
> in case of connecting glimagesink directly  ( ... omxh264dec !
> glimagesink ... ) glimagesink cares about this dirty work of
> uploading/converting.

That's good to know! For other people's reference, my new DASH pipeline is:

gst-launch-1.0 souphttpsrc location=$MPD_URL ! dashdemux name=d d. !
video/quicktime ! queue ! qtdemux ! h264parse ! omxh264dec ! glupload !
glcolorconvert ! glcolorscale !
"video/x-raw(memory:GLMemory),width=1280,height=720" ! glimagesink d. !
audio/x-m4a ! queue ! qtdemux ! aacparse ! avdec_aac ! audioconvert !
omxhdmiaudiosink

It gets a bit choppy on the top 720p50 DASH representation when there's
a lot of stuff going on, but I'm guessing this is just in need of some
optimisation.

Cheers,
Sam