Rescale a running live pipeline

Thomas Scheuermann scheuermann at barco.com
Fri Mar 18 14:59:25 UTC 2016

Hello,

I have the following pipeline running:

rtspsrc ! decodebin ! vaapipostproc ! capsfilter ! appsink

Now I want to change the size of the video.
What I do now is adding a probe with GST_PAD_PROBE_TYPE_IDLE after decodebin
and in the callback I change the capsfilter with the new size.

Is this the correct way or do I have to do anything else like changing
the state of the pipeline
or splitting the pipeline and reconnect after changing the capsfilter?

It works most of the time, but I've also seen crashes.
So I don't know if this is the correct principle to resize the video.

Regards,

Thomas
This message is subject to the following terms and conditions: MAIL DISCLAIMER<http://www.barco.com/en/maildisclaimer>