(gst-plugin-scanner:20795): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: specified class size for type 'Gstsubtitlefilter' is smaller than the parent type's 'GstBin' class size (gst-plugin-scanner:20795): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion 'result != 0' failed (gst-plugin-scanner:20795): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_register: assertion 'g_type_is_a (type, GST_TYPE_ELEMENT)' failed

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Mar 22 08:41:04 UTC 2016

On Mo, 2016-03-21 at 06:27 -0700, sct.gst wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to integrate gstreamer plugin in Kurento Media Server but
> it is
> giving following errors:
>
> /(gst-plugin-scanner:20795): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: specified class
> size
> for type 'Gstsubtitlefilter' is smaller than the parent type's
> 'GstBin'
> class size

I assume Gstsubtitlefilter is your new element? This sounds like a
problem in either the struct definitions or the GObject type
registration. Check if you have the correct first element in your
instance and class struct, and use the same type as the parent type
when registering your type.

My best guess here would be that you use GstBin as your parent type,
but the structs only contain a GstElement/GstElementClass in the
beginning.