Gstreamer SDK installation issue in Ubuntu 12.04

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Mar 23 08:06:00 UTC 2016

On Di, 2016-03-22 at 20:41 -0700, mmisas wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to install Gstreamer SDK on my Ubuntu Linux machine
> 12.04. I have followed the below steps that are documented in the
> http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Installing+on+Linux.

As also written on the website, the "GStreamer SDK" is discontinued. It
was a project by some companies, not related to the GStreamer project,
and is nowadays completely outdated. It's based on the 0.10 version of
GStreamer, the 1.x version is the latest one.

For installing newer versions of GStreamer on Ubuntu, there are various
PPAs available and also building from source on Linux is not that
complicated either.

For other platforms (Android, iOS, OSX, Windows), the GStreamer project
nowadays provides binaries of the latest versions.