gstreamer-bad-plugin: removesilence runtime link error

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Mar 23 08:19:52 UTC 2016

On Di, 2016-03-22 at 21:58 -0700, Sagar wrote:
> hi,
>
> I built the .so file but following steps provided on github page for
> gstreamer-bad-plugin

Which steps provided on which GitHub page? You're probably using
Kurento's GStreamer fork here, not the official one.

>  but I am getting this error *Failed to load plugin
> '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gstreamer-1.5/libremovesilence.so':
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gstreamer-1.5/libremovesilence.so: undefined
> symbol: gst_base_transform_get_type *
>
> also I am not able to *gst-inspect* on *removesilence*. I understand there
> are some CFLAGS missing but where it is missing I am not able to figure out.
> can you please help

Check with ldd if libgstremovesilence.so is linked to libgstbase-
1.5.so.0. It is in the official GStreamer version but it was since the
very beginning, so not sure what the problem here could be.