mp4mux & appsink

Kristoffer kristoffer.glembo at qamcom.se
Thu Mar 24 10:32:09 UTC 2016

I'm trying to add seek support for appsink. But it seems that the appsink
never receives the SEEKING query from the mp4mux.

Mp4mux claims downstream is not seekable:

qtmux gstqtmux.c:1695:gst_qt_mux_start_file:<mp4mux0> downstream is not
seekable
qtmux gstqtmux.c:1707:gst_qt_mux_start_file:<mp4mux0> warning: Downstream is
not seekable and headers can't be rewritten

But I've implemented handling of the seek query and the appsink never even
receives the query. What can cause this?