Setting up slots on signals

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sun Mar 27 13:21:47 UTC 2016

On Sun, 2016-03-27 at 13:39 +0300, Sebastian Dröge wrote:
[…]
> This suggests that dvb_base_bin is not NULL (you check for that) but
> an
> invalid pointer. Maybe you connect to the signals before source-setup
> is called? Or you connect to the signals of the old dvbbasebin after
> restarting playbin? It creates a new instance on every run, and you
> don't take a strong reference there but just remember the reference
> that is owned by playbin, so once playbin destroys it you'll have a
> pointer pointing to some random memory.

If you change the MRL of the playbin, does that lead to the destruction
of the extant pipeline and the creation of a brand new pipeline?

Oh, rats, I think I am calling stop rather than pause, which presumably
destroys the pipeline.

Is it better to let the playbin set up the dvbsrc rather than provide
an application constructed one and patch it into the pipeline?

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk