Rewrite of DVB related elements

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sun Mar 27 17:11:00 UTC 2016

On Sun, 2016-03-27 at 19:20 +0300, Sebastian Dröge wrote:
[…]
> Note that MPEG-TS is not just DVB. And most of the MPEG-TS code used
> by
> the DVB elements is shared with the demuxers, which handles all kinds
> of MPEG-TS streams.

I would hope the libdvbv5 implementation was of full MPEG-TS and not
just DVB usage. However given GStreamer already has a MPEG-TS
implementation, there is less pressure to switch to using libdvbv5.

The dvbsrc code definitely needs a rewrite to bring it up to date with
the Linux API. This debate is rapidly moving us to re-implementing what
is in libdvbv5, not least because of the licencing issue.

[…]
> What does different mean here? The content of the EIT, or the
> structure? Do you have some examples?
>
> Might be just a bug in GStreamer.

The structs representing the packet data structures appear not, at
first sight, to reflect the data structures as per the standard. I will
investigate this further in the next few days now that I have the
tuning callbacks working.

(Though I am having some problems with "tuning-timeout" property
proxied by dvbbasebin.)

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk