RTSP Latency

Emmanuel Imbernon cowprod at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 18:40:30 UTC 2016

HI all,

I'm new to the list.

I'm trying to play RTSP video stream (NO AUDIO needed) from an Auvidea
E110-W encoding board with optional wifi board:

http://www.auvidea.eu/index.php/theme-styles/2013-06-22-21-23-36/encoder-e110

to an iOs device (iPad Pro is the target of the project) using gstreamer
1.7.91, I made my tests with the help of

https://github.com/sdroege/gst-player

I reduced latency by setting it to 0 and I have a 200ms/300ms in the real
life with

static void source_setup(GstElement *playbin, GstElement *source, gpointer
user_data)

{

    g_object_set(source,"latency", 0, NULL);

}

we also tested this iOs App (Auvidea advice):

https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/rb-ultra/id906668027?mt=8

in the same conditions (same board, same iOs device) and we have 150ms of
latency.

Any idea to get the same latency result (or better) ?

Regards

Emmanuel