rtspsrc resets the timestamp

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 13:50:20 UTC 2016

Le mardi 29 mars 2016 à 05:41 -0700, Baby Octopus a écrit :
> I'm trying to restream rtsp video coming from a IP camera. I see that
> rtspsrc resets the timestamp after first 5 seconds due to state
> change
> dynamically. This is causing issues in playback

5 seconds sounds like the UDP transmission timeout. After that delay,
we fallback to TCP. Maybe you have one of those servers that advertise
audio and video, but sends only audio or video ? Or you have a network
firewall issue. That would result in a timeout, then a reset of the
timestamp (but with the segment it will be contiguous). Remember, the
timestamp alone does not mean much.

Nicolas