how to convert decodebin to pipeline

Ash 20001 ash20001 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 30 05:25:32 UTC 2016

I have a pipeline: gst-launch-1.0 -v filesrc location=out.264 ! h264parse ! decodebin ! xvimagesink. This pipeline reads raw h264 data and decodes and renders it. Decodebin selects an omx_videodec_0 HW video decoder automatically. I have two questions:
1. If I try to launch the pipeline like this: "gst-launch-1.0 -v filesrc location=out.264 ! h264parse ! omx_videodec_0! xvimagesink", the pipeline doesn't work. Is there a way to figure out the pipeline that decodebin creates so that I can just launch it manually with gst-launch without using decodebin?
2. If not, is there a way using decodebin to select a different decoder than the one it automatically picks?