Windows 10 x64 cerbero bootstrap fails with error of 'strerror_s' in 'glib-tools'

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Wed Mar 30 08:04:02 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-03-29 at 19:48 -0700, bradaisa wrote:

Hi,

> Today, I got better oriented, used the correct source for cerbero
> (below) and tried building gstreamer 1.8.0 for x64. Below are the
> commands I used, then the error that stopped the build. Someone on
> #gstreamer said that the function is supposed to be defined in MS
> libraries. I'm dead in the water!
> Thanks for any help. I'll also try to be on #gstreamer (androticus)
> if someone hops on there.
>
> MingGW shell:
>

> > git clone -b 1.8.0 http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/cerbero
> > cd cerbero
> > cerbero -c config/mingw-w64-win.cbc bootstrap
> ... lots works ...
>
> gstrfuncs.c: In function 'g_strerror':
> gstrfuncs.c:1276:7: error: implicit declaration of function
> 'strerror_s'
> [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
> cc1.exe: some warnings being treated as errors

As far as I know, this should be available on all newer windows
versions (not XP IIRC).

I think on windows you're usually supposed to use the win32.cbc or
win64.cbc, so I would recommed you try that instead (our docs in that
area are practically non-existent currently, sorry!)

You may still want to file a bug about this in bugzilla.gnome.org
though.

Cheers
 -Tim