Volunteering to update Windows build instructions

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Wed Mar 30 20:01:03 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-03-30 at 13:13 -0400, Nicolas Dufresne wrote:

> http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Building+from+source+using
> > +Cerbero
> gstreamer.com is owned by Fluendo who have been inactive for years.
> The GStreamer project have not control over that domain.

Actually, Fluendo have kindly transfered control of the domain to Wim
recently (who is holding it on behalf of the GStreamer project).

We do not have access to the content hosted there (i.e the old server),
but we can point it to e.g. freedesktop.org. The reason why we haven't
done so yet is that we don't have a replacement for the old content on
gstreamer.freedesktop.org yet.

> > My employer wants me to write a blog post on building gstreamer on
> > Windows for our company blog, and I'd like it to be more than a
> > series of corrections and additions to the official docs! :)
> >
> > You can contact me directly baisa AT cardinalpeak DOT com
> What would be ideal, is someone to contribute a better website, that
> would be easier to contribute to. Meanwhile, documentation should
> probably get on the GStreamer Website, blogs can be nice too (you can
> request your blog to be added
> to https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/planet/)

The content of the site is now also available here under floss license:
https://github.com/fluendo/docs.gstreamer.com

What would be ideal is either a patch to those existing pages, or some
newly-written pages. Please write any new pages in markdown and put
them into bugzilla when done.

Thanks for helping out with this!

Cheers
 -Tim