White frames with v4l2 source & GstGLUploadElement

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Mon May 2 14:58:57 UTC 2016

Le lundi 02 mai 2016 à 08:43 +0200, Gottfried Haider a écrit :
> > What is likely your issue, is that
> > someone broke older GLES support while adding version 3 support.
> Can
> > you reproduce with simple pipeline like ?
> >
> >  gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src ! glimagesink
>
> This works. Anything else I could try?

Looking at your pipeline again, you probably want to convert the
texture to RGBA before you pass that texture to your Java application.
For this, add glcolorconvert ! capsfilter caps=.... Otherwise the
texture type won't match what a normal application would expect. On
some platform, the texture type we use for intermediate format can't be
rendered. You could also consider using the signal on glimagesink
instead.

Nicolas