multiqueue + tee problems with gst-launch

mariannasb mariannasb at yahoo.com.br
Tue May 3 08:29:03 UTC 2016

>In general, at this point of pipeline complexity it is usually better
>to write an actual application. gst-launch is only a debugging tool.

I actually have an application, but I'm using gst_parse_launch() because it
is quite a large pipeline I'm building (and makes it a lot easier to
experiment with some variations of the pipeline).
I guess gst-launch also uses the same.

>This looks like a limitation of gst-launch. Link the pads by their
>complete names, e.g. t.src_0 and q.src_0 / q.sink_0. Without that it's
>also random which source pad and which sink pad are going together.

Anyway, using the pad names resolves the problem:
gst-launch-1.0 fakesrc ! tee name=t ! multiqueue name=q t.src_1 ! q.sink_1
q.src_0 ! fakesink q.src_1 ! fakesink

Thanks