Problem with Vorbis and Theora file on Android

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed May 4 06:55:52 UTC 2016

On Di, 2016-05-03 at 19:15 -0700, doon wrote:
> Moderator on Qt forum told me that I need to "build Qt's GStreamer backend
> for Android"(you can check the dialog
> https://forum.qt.io/topic/66624/display-gstreamer-video-on-android/) but I
> even don't know what is it and how I can build it and connect with
> GStreamer. Can you help with this?

I don't know what Qt GStreamer backend he's talking about, and
QtGStreamer most likely does not work on Android yet without further
changes.
Let us know if anything he says there leads you to a working
application.

The real question however is what QWidget::winid() is actually
returning on Android. In any case, the QPlatformScreen /
QAndroidPlatformScreen seems to be that thing that holds the
ANativeWindow in Qt on Android. That might be helpful or not.

Most likely it will be easier btw to just use glimagesink or in general
libgstgl to render video into Qt via OpenGL ES, instead of trying to
directly render to an ANativeWindow.