RTP Simulation Layer

Aaron Boxer boxerab at gmail.com
Wed May 4 14:14:37 UTC 2016

Hello,

I am building a very lightweight RTP simulation layer to help me
trouble shoot the rtpj2k payload and depayload plugins.

You can find it here, if you're interested:
https://github.com/GrokImageCompression/grok/tree/rtp

My idea is this:

My J2K toolkit has around 1600 unit tests. For all of the decode unit tests,
I will insert code that, at the very beginning of the unit test:

1) opens the J2K file and stores in memory buffer
2) using simulation layer, payloads the file, then depayloads it into
second buffer
3) continue on with unit test, using the second buffer as decode input

If a new unit test fails under this simulation, then I know that the
payload/depayload code failed, and I can debug, using the codec parser as
comparison.

When we add new unit tests, I can simply run the simulation to see if the
gst
plugin is working correctly.

Yes, it sounds like overkill, but it shouldn't take more than a few days to
build this.

Will keep y'all posted.

Aaron