Problem when binding Android Surface to glimagesink

Wei Lee wm7101 at gmail.com
Fri May 6 08:42:00 UTC 2016

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for your reply. The following is my GStreamer code.

http://paste.ofcode.org/3npqJKDwgavsxnGvL8ws5k

Basically, I follow the tutorial and does not modify a lot. And it could
work well if I use SurfaceView and get Surface just like the tutorial does.

However, since I want to play video using Google cardboard SDK, I use an
OpenGL ES engine on Android called Rajawali. It gives me a Surface which is
created by a SurfaceTexture. If I use the Surface like this:

SufaceTexture surfaceTexture; // Created by engine
Surface surface = new Surface(surfaceTexture);
nativeSurfaceInit(surface);

In this case, it will draw the content on a new Context which is not
rendered by the engine.
However, if I use Surface by Android MediaPlayer like this:

SufaceTexture surfaceTexture; // Created by engine
Surface surface = new Surface(surfaceTexture);
MediaPlayer mp = MediaPlayer.create(mContext, R.raw.test);
mp.setSurface(surface);
mp.start();

It will not create a new context and render on the current context so I can
see the result.
It seems glimagesink will create a new context to draw by default.
Is it possible to do some operations to make glimagesink draw content on
original context just like the MediaPlayer does?

Thanks a lot for your help.

p.s. If you get duplicates of this mail, I am sorry for that.

Best regards,
Wei