gstplayer strange duration_changed signal

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri May 6 11:06:46 UTC 2016

On Fr, 2016-05-06 at 02:27 -0700, lucky chou wrote:
> Hi all,
> I’m using the gstreamer 1.8 gst-plugins-bad/gst-libs/gst/player/gstplayer
> api to play some videos on an embedded system. The playback is fine, but I
> get a strange problem when trying to get the duration  of the playback. In
> particular, I regularly get duration from DURATION_CHANGED event,like
> follow:
> [...]

When you quickly change URIs, you can still get notifications from the
old one as it's all asynchronous. Currently there is no explicit signal
to know when the next URI has started, but you can guess that from the
state-changed signal currently.

It might make sense to add a signal for that though (when an URI is
starting). If you think so too, please file a bug at
  https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer
for that. Thanks!