Where is the support for NV12 with 64x32 tiling is added ?

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at gmail.com
Sun May 8 13:04:20 UTC 2016

Sorry, I fat fingered a way to send the email instead of pasting the
link.

Le dimanche 01 mai 2016 à 17:13 -0400, Nicolas Dufresne a écrit :
> Le dimanche 01 mai 2016 à 10:18 +0300, Sebastian Dröge a écrit :
> >
> > On Fr, 2016-04-29 at 00:40 -0700, ssshukla26 wrote:
> > >

> > > Ok. Thanks. I was referring under older source codes, on
> > > downloading the
> > > latest source am able to get it.
> > >
> > > Can you please explain how a frame with *nv12 64x32 tile* format
> > > stores Y, U
> > > and V data compare to a *nv12* 4 x 4 pixel image (as shown
> > > below).
> > The planes are the same as with NV12, but each plane consists of
> > tiles
> > of the given size. The ziles are stored in a zig-zag order instead
> > of
> > linearly, while each pixel inside a tile is stored linearly.
> >
> > Take a look at the code for details and run through the indexing on
> > piece of paper to get the general idea.
> For extra details about this specific format, it was implemented base
> on the description provided with the Media Kernel API documentation:

http://linuxtv.org/downloads/v4l-dvb-apis/re36.html

In GStreamer, we had to create new rules for tiled format. One of the
required information, specially for non-linear layout, was the number
of tiles in X and Y, which can be bigger the the minimum requires
number of tiles (e.g. subimage). As this is similar to stride, while
stride make no sense for such format, we have overloaded the stride
information and encoded the number of tiles in X in the most
significant 16bit, and the number of tiles in Y in the least
significant 16bits. See