tcp with uridecodebin / playbin ?

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at gmail.com
Mon May 9 13:14:51 UTC 2016

Le lundi 09 mai 2016 à 14:13 +0200, Jan Alexander Steffens a écrit :
> I'll have to object here---TCP URI handling is something ffmpeg and
> its players have that I've been missing in GStreamer.
> E.g. I often use mpv to test pulling a MPEGTS stream over TCP.

I think tcp:// is miss-leading, and only exist in FFMPEG to stay
backward compatible. If you want mpegts over tcp, you could use
tcp+mpegts://, this at least would be a fully specified scheme. Just
TCP is ambiguous. It endup giving you a non-live source (no timestamp
information), that cannot be seeked. As there is no packetization, it's
also hard to manage it has live. Solution are welcome, but it's not
that simple.

Nicolas