Possible problem with rtpbin when using AAC?

Peter Maersk-Moller pmaersk at gmail.com
Wed May 11 11:01:28 UTC 2016

Hi Sebastian.

Right, the pasted script had a port mismatch although what I tested had the
right ports.
Anyway, I have narrowed it down to this, headline: Streaming AAC using RTP
does not work and it seems not related to using rtpbin or at least not that
alone. My question to you is then which module should I file the bug under?

I have 3 sender scenarios:

$ AUDIO='audio/x-raw,rate=48000,channels=2'
$ gst-launch-1.0 -v audiotestsrc is-live=1 ! $AUDIO ! faac ! queue !
rtpmp4apay ! udpsink host=127.0.0.1 port=14002
$ gst-launch-1.0 -v audiotestsrc is-live=1 ! $AUDIO ! avenc_aac  ! queue !
rtpmp4apay ! udpsink host=127.0.0.1 port=14002
$ gst-launch-1.0 -v audiotestsrc is-live=1 ! $AUDIO ! avenc_aac
compliance=-2 ! queue ! rtpmp4apay ! udpsink host=127.0.0.1 port=14002

On the receiving end, you can narrow it down to this:

gst-launch-1.0 -v udpsrc port=14002
caps="application/x-rtp,media=audio,payload=96,clock-rate=48000,encoding-name=MP4A-LATM"
do-timestamp=1 ! rtpmp4adepay ! aacparse ! identity silent=0 ! autoaudiosink

Then you will see no data coming out from *aacparse*. You can replace
*aacparse* with *avdec*_aac or *decodebin*, *decodebin* probably uses
*avdec*_aac. Using identity before *aacparse* or *avdec_aac* reveals DTS
and PTS starting nicely from 0.

So my question is which module should I file it under? Could be something
with rtpmp4apay/depay ?

Regards
Peter