Frame drop when playing RTP stream using SDP file

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at gmail.com
Thu May 12 06:16:33 UTC 2016

Le mercredi 11 mai 2016 à 15:14 +0530, Anuj Pahuja a écrit :
> I tried v4l2src once again with rtpjitterbuffer and it seems to work
> better now. I'm not sure why it wasn't working before. But the
> problem
>  with playing sdp file using sdpdemux still persists. Video tearing
> and packet loss is still happening when playing using sdpdemux for a
> v4l2src.

A plausible cause is that your sockets (udpsrc) have to small buffers
to be able to hold on a frame, while this frame is being processed. You
could try and increase the buffer-size property (it's by default 0,
which is system default, you can also increase you system default if
you prefer).

For the non-v4l2src case, you probably have timestamp issues.

Nicolas