video with custom data

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at gmail.com
Thu May 12 08:11:05 UTC 2016

Le mercredi 11 mai 2016 à 22:55 -0700, brateesh a écrit :
> what is POI??

Point of Interest. But I realize there is nothing that exist under this
name. Digging further, GST_TAG_APPLICATION_DATA seems very appropriate
if supported by the container you have chosen. Maybe GST_TAG_ATTACHMENT
could also be used (you can specify a filename and content type). There
is a tag called GST_TAG_COMMENT that is often suitable, as long as you
data is a string, otherwise it won't work with standard player.

> tags will be popped on the pipeline then we have to make use of them
> by
> event handler, if i seeked to the 50th frame then i have to wait
> until all
> the tags related to first 49 frames are popped out, that will be
> overhead.

No, if you seek to location 50, only the serialized tag from that
location will be sent. Again, it requires a container (or encoding like
JPEG) that supports this.

Nicolas