Display Gstreamer video in QML

Matthew Waters ystreet00 at gmail.com
Fri May 13 14:50:40 UTC 2016

On 13/05/16 16:14, doon wrote:
> Matthew Waters wrote
>> There's an element called qmlglsink available from
>> https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/tree/ext/qt/
>>
>> There's also an example of it's usage here:
>> https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/tree/tests/examples/qt/qml
>>
>> Cheers
>> -Matt
>
> Sebastian Dröge-3 wrote
>> There's a qmlvideosink in gst-plugins-bad, that can directly be
>> integrated into the QML scene graph.
> Thanks for the quick and simple answer, Sebastian and Matthew!
> And are qmlvideosink and qmlglsink elements available for Windows, Linux, OS
> X, Android and iOS?
> And how can I install them? Because I can't find them using gst-inspect-1.0.

They currently will work on Linux (X11), OS X, Android and iOS.  There's
currently no Windows support yet although that should be simple to add.

Currently you have to build gst-plugins-bad against a Qt >= 5.4
installation to be able to get access to qmlglsink.  On OS X and iOS
this is a little tricky as it requires changes to Qt's build files to
make it work.  All the other platforms work out of the box.

Cheers
-Matt