Cerbero and prefix

Marcin Lewandowski marcin at saepia.net
Sat May 14 14:23:38 UTC 2016

Hello,

I am building a package using Cerbero.

I have set install_dir in the package to /opt/myapp and it correctly places all files under /opt/myapp/bin, /opt/myapp/lib etc. while building for linux.

The issue is that besides binaries, my app builds one library that is located in /opt/myapp/lib/something.so. When I try to run the binaries that use the library it throws

error while loading shared libraries: libmyapp.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Obviously I can set LD_LIBRARY_PATH but this is not a proper solution.

When I globally set Cerbero’s prefix to /opt/myapp it works fine, but I want to avoid such hack, especially that it requires altering configuration of whole Cerbero that I use to build multiple apps.

Is there any Cerbero configuration variable that I should alter to set proper path for a loader that I have missed or there’s rather something wrong with my autotools scripts?

Marcin