cairooverlay plugin on Fedora

Kyrylo Polezhaiev kirushyk at gmail.com
Sun May 15 22:22:52 UTC 2016

Hi!

In my installation I can not use it (however, .so file is present and there are no linking problems):

[ky at localhost ~]$ rm ~/.cache/gstreamer-1.0/registry.x86_64.bin
[ky at localhost ~]$ gst-inspect-1.0 /usr/lib/gstreamer-1.0/libgstcairo.so
sys:1: PyGIWarning: Gst was imported without specifying a version first. Use gi.require_version('Gst', '1.0') before import to ensure that the right version gets loaded.
Plugin Details:
  Name                     cairo
  Description              Cairo-based elements
  Filename                 /usr/lib/gstreamer-1.0/libgstcairo.so
  Version                  1.6.4
  License                  LGPL
  Source module            gst-plugins-good
  Source release date      2016-04-14
  Binary package           GStreamer Good Plug-ins source release
  Origin URL               Unknown package origin

  cairooverlay: Cairo overlay

  1 features:
  +-- 1 elements

[ky at localhost ~]$ gst-inspect-1.0 cairooverlay
No such element or plugin 'cairooverlay'
[ky at localhost ~]$ gst-inspect-1.0 cairo
No such element or plugin 'cairo'
[ky at localhost ~]$

Where to dig further?

Cheers,