gstreamer-1.0 camera preview flickering

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at gmail.com
Wed May 18 11:45:07 UTC 2016

Le mardi 17 mai 2016 à 23:54 -0700, riteshSTPL a écrit :
> But don't you think its problem in UYVY to I420 conversion?
>
> Because if i remove UYVY to I420 conversion from pipeline i got no
> flickers.
> *gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc \
> ! textoverlay text="Recording..." halignment=0 valignment=1 \
> ! videoconvert ! 'video/x-raw, width=1920, height=1080, format=I420,
> framerate=60/1' \
> ! nvoverlaysink sync=false*
>
> And for my v4l2 video source pipeline if i put completely white
> object
> infront of camera then also no flickering. So i think for changing
> video
> UYVY to I420 conversion add some delay or something else.
>
> I can get same flickering with autovideosink instead of
> nvoverlaysink. and
> with sync=true also.

autovideosink on NVidia platforms picks nvoverlaysink because it's the
highest rank display sink. So the test is no different.

> So any other efficient way to convert UYVY to I420?

It's not relevant to us if nvvidconv is converting, or if it's
happening in nvoverlaysink. Both elements are third party created and
distributed by NVidia (not us). You need to ask NVidia for support.

cheers,
Nicolas