changing souphttpsrc location property on android

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed May 18 12:31:47 UTC 2016

On Di, 2016-05-17 at 11:12 +0200, Dani wrote:

> So as this function is called, when it used to be a playbin, just by
> adding the GST_STATE_READY and the g_object_set() for the uri worked
> fine. Now I have a working pipeline with a checked .ts and it
> initially works, but not when this function is called. The debug logs
> for the location property gets changed but what happens is that the
> app gets paused (no crash at all) with the outdated video. The
> initially working pipeline -using gst_parse_launch()- is:
>
> souphttpsrc name=http_src location=http://192.168.0.32/videos/sintel.
> ts ! queue ! tsdemux name=demux
> demux. ! queue ! h264parse ! avdec_h264 ! videoconvert ! glimagesink
> name=video_sink
> demux. ! queue ! aacparse ! faad ! audioconvert ! autoaudiosink
> name=audio_sink
>

> The related log is:
> [...]

Can you get a full log? But in general, re-using gst_parse_launch()
pipelines (that is, going back to READY/NULL and starting them again)
is generally not working well. It's better to recreate the whole
pipeline.

If you want to re-use pipelines, you better build them manually instead
and handle the linking of pads in your code.