Get outgoing caps in bin

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu May 19 07:07:44 UTC 2016

On Do, 2016-05-19 at 06:28 +0200, Edgar Thier wrote:

> For personal understanding, such a reconfiguration would always require a full stop of the pipeline,
> am I correct?

Yes, in theory it can also reconfigure at runtime but that is rather
tricky because upstream renegotiation/reconfiguration is asynchronous
and mostly a hint. You are not guaranteed to get what you want
downstream, especially not immediately.

> I hope that clears out all ambiguity.

It does, yes :) I think the best for this would be to override the
activatemode or activate function on the srcpad of the bin here, and in
there do a CAPS query downstream to then decide on which internal
elements to build.