How to construct the pipeline for hls videos (AES encrypted or not)

silver sxhsxhsxh66 at gmail.com
Thu May 19 12:37:22 UTC 2016

Hi,

Sebastian Dröge-3 wrote
> On Mi, 2016-05-18 at 14:13 +1000, Duncan Palmer wrote:
>> Hi Silver,
>>
>> Using uridecodebin is the correct approach here, as you'll need to
>> deal with dynamic pipeline reconfiguration on bitrate changes, and
>> decodebin will handle that for you.
>>
>> Could you run with the GST_DEBUG environment variable set to
>> '*:2,hlsdemux:7', and post the logs?
>
> Actually uridecodebin won't help much here either, you need full
> playbin to handle this properly. Or implement the reconfiguration
> handling yourself.
>
> What will happen with HLS (DASH, etc) is that whenever the stream
> configuration changes too much, it will remove all pads from the
> demuxer and add new ones. Which then have to be linked again and used
> in place of the others. playbin would do this for you but you could of
> course also implement that independent of playbin
>
> --
> Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd · http://www.centricular.com

> signature.asc (968 bytes)
> <http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/attachment/4677647/0/signature.asc>

I believe playbin is the best way but still it works not well for me.
Alternatively, I took the pipeline example here:
https://github.com/ford-prefect/gst-plugins-bad/blob/master/ext/hls/gsthlsdemux.c,
it worked for playing non-encrypted video.

But when I trying to play aes encrypted videos, I could always get: could
not dertermine type of stream. I think perhaps it hasn't performed the
decryption so it didn't know the type of video.

According to this page:
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/gstreamer-commits/2014-August/081574.html,
gstreamer well supports the aes decryption, but I could not find how to
implement it on iOS.

Could you give me some hints or any advice? Thanks in advance.

Silver