Adding New GStreamer Plugin for Android

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri May 20 08:42:07 UTC 2016

On Mi, 2016-05-18 at 05:38 -0700, kkaran2010 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to add new plugin (gstreamer-imx) for Android application but
> still not able to compile application after adding plugin.
> Steps I followed are :
> https://github.com/Freescale/gstreamer-imx
> <https://github.com/Freescale/gstreamer-imx>   -> downloaded this git repo
> and tried building it for Android with
> "./waf configure --prefix=PREFIX --kernel-headers=KERNEL-HEADER-RPATH
> *--build-for-android*"
> And successfully compiled and generated Libraries
> build/src/common/libgstimxcommon.a and build/src/vpu/libgstimxvpu.a as I
> need only decoder plugin, I have added build/src/vpu/libgstimxvpu.a and
> build/src/vpu/libgstimxvpu.la to *GSTREAMER-SDK/libs/gstreamer-1.0/static*
> and build/src/common/libgstimxcommon.a and
> build/src/common/libgstimxcommon.la to *GSTREAMER-SDK/libs* and includes to
> *GSTREAMER-SDK/include* and added *imxvpu *to
> *GSTREAMER-SDK/share/gst-android/ndk-build/plugin.mk* file and modified my
> Android.mk file accordingly but when I fire android-ndk-r9b/ndk-build
> command, I am getting
> android-ndk-r9b/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/prebuilt/linux-x86_64/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld.gold:
> gst-build-armeabi/gstreamer_android.o: in function
> gst_android_register_static_plugins:gstreamer_android.c(.text.gst_android_register_static_plugins+0x4c):
> error: undefined reference to 'gst_plugin_imxvpu_register' this error.
> Am I doing something wrong? Please guide.
>
> And anyone is having exact steps to add new GStreamer plugin for Android
> then please share.

Your mail is very difficult to read, please don't use nabble and also
insert some more newlines into your text in the future :)

Your problem is most likely that the gstreamer-imx plugin was not
compiled as a static GStreamer plugin. You have to check how to enable
that with their build system, but in the end it means #defining
  GST_PLUGIN_BUILD_STATIC
during the build.