How to construct the pipeline for hls videos (AES encrypted or not)

silver sxhsxhsxh66 at gmail.com
Fri May 20 08:16:55 UTC 2016

Sebastian Dröge-3 wrote
> On Do, 2016-05-19 at 05:37 -0700, silver wrote:
>> I believe playbin is the best way but still it works not well for me.
>> Alternatively, I took the pipeline example here:
>> https://github.com/ford-prefect/gst-plugins-bad/blob/master/ext/hls/gsthlsdemux.c,
>> it worked for playing non-encrypted video.
>>
>> But when I trying to play aes encrypted videos, I could always get: could
>> not dertermine type of stream. I think perhaps it hasn't performed the
>> decryption so it didn't know the type of video.
>>
>> According to this page:
>> https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/gstreamer-commits/2014-August/081574.html,
>> gstreamer well supports the aes decryption, but I could not find how to
>> implement it on iOS.
>>
>> Could you give me some hints or any advice? Thanks in advance.
>
> It supports AES decryption out of the box on iOS too if you use the
> binaries provided by the GStreamer project. Which version are you
> using?
>
> Can you share an URL to a stream that is failing for you?
>
> --
> Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd · http://www.centricular.com

> signature.asc (968 bytes)
> <http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/attachment/4677690/0/signature.asc>

I'm using the version 1.6.4. I checked the log and I found it could not
accept the ssl certificate.
Logs like:
gst_uri_downloader_set_uri:<uridownloader0> Creating source element for
the URI:https://the_url_to_fetch_the_key
gst_uri_downloader_fetch_uri_with_range:<uridownloader0> Waiting to
fetch the URI https://the_url_to_fetch_the_key
gst_uri_downloader_bus_handler:<uridownloader0> Received error: Secure
connection setup failed.

Is there any solution?