Gst-launch-1.0 (v1.80) Decklink Interlaced Video

Dave Johnstone dave at digits.tv
Fri May 20 12:00:18 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am trying to play an SD interlaced file out on a Blackmagic Decklink
card but having troubles.  I cannot get the following pipeline to link -
/gst-launch-1.0 uridecodebin uri=file:///Volumes/Video/race.mov !
autovideoconvert ! decklinkvideosink mode=3/
If I deinterlace then interlace with

/uridecodebin uri=file:///Volumes/Video/race.mov ! deinterlace !
autovideoconvert ! interlace field-pattern=2:2 ! videoscale ! videorate
! decklinkvideosink mode=3

/This works but if I add audio

/uridecodebin uri=file:///Volumes/Video/race.mov name=decoder decoder. !
deinterlace ! autovideoconvert ! interlace field-pattern=2:2 !
videoscale ! videorate ! decklinkvideosink mode=3 decoder. !
audioconvert ! decklinkaudiosink/

The audio plays at the correct speed and pitch but stutters as if half
the samples are missing.

What is the correct pipeline for playing interlaced files to a Decklink
card in interlaced mode?

My source files are DV in a QT container, also tried ProRes. Using
pre-compiled binaries (v1.8) for OS X (Yosemite).

As for HD, even the above trick does not work.

Regards,

Dave.