how to link gst-android-1.0 to use androidmedia plugin??

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat May 21 06:53:51 UTC 2016

On Fr, 2016-05-20 at 03:08 -0700, jarvis0911 wrote:
> Dear developers,
>
> I'm trying to use androidmedia (amc) in openwebrtc for codec.
> But the plugin init will always fail at
> https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/tree/sys/androidmedia/gstjniutils.c#n579
> , i.e. try to get gst_android_get_applciation_class_loader symbol.
>
> I checked the codes and noticed gst_android_get_applciation_class_loader was
> defined in gst-android-1.0 so that I try to add dependency in
> gst-plugins-bad-1.0 to apply it.
> But it still doesn't work.
> The symbol is still not found in runtime.
>
> Is there any additional step which I should follow to make androidmedia
> works ?

You need to use our Android integration bits, which OpenWebRTC
currently does not. That is:
  https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/cerbero/tree/data/ndk-build/gstreamer_android-1.0.c.in#n381

If you take a look at how other GStreamer applications work on Android,
you'll see that they use that code for initialization while OpenWebRTC
has its own stuff.

We should probably make that failure in gstjniutils.c a soft failure,
and just have it disable various features (like zerocopy decoding and
the camera support).
Can you file a bug about that here:
  https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer

For the androidmedia plugin to work correctly, you will need all this
though.