problem with cslg_shift in qtdemux

Thornton, Keith keith.thornton at zeiss.com
Tue May 24 06:50:18 UTC 2016

Hi,
I have a recording pipeline which contains an encoder which makes use of intel's quicksync under windows to produce an H264 stream which is muxed using mp4mux as part of splitmuxsink.
This recorder normalizes the DTS and PTS so that DTS starts with 0. The produced videos can be played back using VLC and windows media player, repositioning and pause and resume are also possible.
My gstreamer playback pipeline which uses splitmuxsrc and qtdemux can also playback the videos but has problems with pause, resume and re-positioning.
I have traced the problems to the part of the demuxer where the cslg_shift correction takes place. cslg_shift contains the value 702356852. QTSTREAM_TO_GSTTIME(stream, stream->cslg_shift) returns 140471370400000 which leads to a ridiculous correction of the segment start and stop values.
Has anyone any idea what my encoder is not doing which could explain what is happening here. I am using gstreamer 1.8.1
regards