Which event or message can be safely simulate android's MEDIA_PREPARED?

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon May 30 05:48:56 UTC 2016

On Mi, 2016-05-25 at 07:43 -0700, lucky chou wrote:

> however, recent play with rtsp ipcamera, we found into the following piece
> of code,that is async-done discarded.

Live and non-live pipelines work slightly different here.

The former would return NO_PREROLL instead of ASYNC/SUCCESS when
changing the state to PAUSED.

> I don't know which one  event or message can better simulate MEDIA_PREPARED,
> any suggestion would be appreciated.

Use the state-changed message from the pipeline, and wait for the
PAUSED state to be reached. That should have more or less the desired
effect for all pipelines.