QtGStreamer: issue with creating element from description

xargon daga_pankaj at yahoo.com
Mon May 30 20:21:15 UTC 2016

I am using the Qt GStreamer wrappers and trying to create a pipeline as
follows:

    QGst::ElementPtr bin =
          QGst::Bin::fromDescription("videotestsrc ! videoscale !
video/x-raw,width=100,height=100");

However, when I run this, I get the error:

GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_bin_add: assertion 'GST_IS_ELEMENT (element)'
failed
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'QGlib::Error'
  what():  no element "video"

I think that there is some issue with the "/" but not sure how to fix it.

The gstreamer pipeline with:

gst-launch-1.0 -v  videotestsrc ! videoscale !
video/x-raw,width=100,height=100 ! xvimagesink -e --gst-debug-level=3
sync=false

works fine.