Compile problems after ubuntu 16.04 upgrade

Anthony Buckley tony.buckley000 at gmail.com
Tue May 31 09:48:00 UTC 2016

Hello,

I just upgraded to ubuntu 16.04 (amd64) and tried to compile my GST program
and it failed as follows:

cc -c -o ... -I. `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-3.0 gstreamer-1.0
gstreamer-video-1.0 cairo`
Package gstreamer-video-1.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gstreamer-video-1.0.pc'
No package 'gstreamer-video-1.0' found
astro_main.c:42:23: fatal error: gtk/gtk.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

I checked and it's really not there now (everything was fine before the
upgrade). Looks like it and possibly some others were removed during the
upgrade. Anyone have any similar problems?
I assume installing 'libgstreamer-plugins-base1.0-dev' will fix? Or should
I be doing something different now?

Regards. Tony