gstreamer-vaapi MJPEG streaming

lopezavila69 lopezavila69 at hotmail.com
Tue May 31 06:47:28 UTC 2016

Hello,

I would need to know the correct pipeline to decode MJPEG streaming with
gstreamer-vaapi. I don't know even if it is possible in this case.

I am working with "special" PowerVR SGX 545 GPU and I load the *"pvr"
driver* in xorg.conf. I would like to connect to an IP device which sends
MJPEG streaming, so I am using souphttpsrc as the first element in the
pipeline.

For instance, if I use the following pipeline:
*gst-launch -v souphttpsrc location='http://a.b.c.d/' ! valve ! jpegdec !
ffmpegcolorspace ! vaapiupload ! vaapisink*

I end with the following errors:

[0x05b0abe2]psb_drv_video error(6812:0xb76fb6c0) target VAImage fourcc
should be NV12 or IYUV

[...] And the streaming freezes after a pair of seconds:

[0x05b0b4ad]psb_drv_video error(6812:0xb64ffb40)
*psb_putsurface_textureblit: Failed to get source PVR2DMEMINFO!*
Caught SIGSEGV accessing address 0x10
#0  0xb77e9424 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
#1  0x43e54c50 in ?? ()
Spinning.  Please run 'gdb gst-launch 6812' to continue debugging, Ctrl-C to
quit, or Ctrl-\ to dump core.

Any help is appreciated.