what is the connection-id for dtlssrtpenc?

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at gmail.com
Tue May 31 16:21:19 UTC 2016

Le mardi 31 mai 2016 à 07:31 -0700, Andres Gonzalez a écrit :
> I have looked at RFC6347 which defines DTLS, but I cannot find any reference
> to a "connection-id" the GStreamer dtlssrtpenc/dtlssrtpdec uses. So I am
> unsure of how to map the DTLS attributes/properties used in the WebRTC world
> to the DTLS attributes/properties used in the GStreamer DTLS world so the
> DTLS handshake is successful.

The so called connection-id is internal to GStreamer and is application
defined. Your application should provide a unique ID to each matching
DTSL Encoder and Decoder. I agree the documentation need help, but
someone made an attempt to help out in the following link. Take note of
the creation order in that document, we should probably fix this:

  https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/tree/ext/dtls/
README

Apparently, for DTLS to work, you need both TX and RX pipelines,
otherwise you are missing one half of the response. Afterward, you may
just send, or just receive.

Nicolas