RTSP Unicast and Multicast on the same pipeline using different mountpoints

Mert Can Ergun mert.ergun at mikro-tasarim.com.tr
Thu Nov 3 13:00:18 UTC 2016

Hi Sebastian
I've decided to use the first route you suggested "The easiest here might be
to either use a single mount point and let
the clients decide whether they want multicast or not,"
After checking test-multicast2.c example, it seems to allow all transfer
methods and enables multicast addresses when media is constructed. This is
close to what I need but it seems to start multicasting no matter which
protocol the user uses.

I am using "GST_DEBUG=2 gst-launch-1.0 rtspsrc
location=rtsp://10.0.0.10:8554/test protocols=PROTOCOL_NAME ! fakesink" to
start using a specific method.

Since the server starts multicast no matter what, I am not really sure if
the client(a client with unicast needs) is able to gather it from unicast or
not.

Is there a point I'm missing?