Gstreamer h264 udp stream is to laggy

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 16:37:13 UTC 2016

Le vendredi 04 novembre 2016 à 07:54 -0700, kingalione a écrit :
> Hello Nicolas and thanks you for your help.
>
> What do you mean with:
>
> Try scaling in GL, you'll pay the
> cost of upload/download, but it's more likely to work.  ?

Sending/receiving data from/to the GPU has a cost, but it's likely
lower then doing video scaling in software like you are doing now.

> How whould the pipeline than look?
>

> And if I update x264enc with vaapih264enc I get this error:
> WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no element "vaapih264enc"

I'm not sure what is the name of the vaapi element, I left you the
exercise:
 a) Install required plugins for you target linux distribution
 b) Check if the target HW support is available
 c) Find the right name and parameters using gst-inspect-1.0

regards,
Nicolas