Writing gst-play for RPI DISPMANX

munezbn.dev munezbn.dev at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 04:46:36 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I am working on a sample player based on gstplayer "dispmanx-play"

It is pretty much same as gst-play with minor changes and additionally I
have integrated with dispmanx for custom window.

For some reason I was not able to make use of set_renderer rectangle
because i was not able to resize window. Set renderer does work for playing
it in full screen with force-aspect-ratio TRUE/FALSE . But I wanted to have
control on video such that i can resize it to desired size at playtime and
move it around using keys.

So  I have added code for

1] Create dispmanx window with screen resolution and use it as Gst Player
Videorenderer

Added keyboard  mappings for,

2] Toggle Fullscreen with full stretched or default aspect ratio.
3] Toggle background ( show/hide a clack background layer)
4] Move video window when it is not in full screen.

I will upload this on github soon and share the link here.  If it is OK then
it can be part of gstPlayer

Thanks & Regards
Munez